As event organiser, you can use Accredion to collect data from your groups.
You can manage forms per event edition via the Forms link in the left hand menu. To create a form, click on the Add form button at the top of the page.
Before you start
Before starting to build forms, please keep in mind the following:
- Your users will be able to submit one form per group. They can collaborate on the forms, save them without submitting to allow for later completion, or submit them right away. As event organiser, you will only see submitted forms. Once a form has been submitted, the user can no longer change the form’s data, unless you allow them to (see further down to learn how);
- When you give your form a deadline, that deadline will apply to all groups. After the deadline, the form will continue to allow for new submissions, but will tell the user that the deadline has passed;
- Once published, a form will be available to all groups in your event edition;
- After publishing a form, you can safely make changes to the question titles and descriptions. However, after publishing it is no longer possible to change the order of the questions, add and remove questions or options. This is because users may already have filled out forms, and by making such changes the submitted data and the form would no longer match. If you want to change the order of the questions, add and remove questions or options, you can set the form to draft (unpublished), make the changes you want and re-publish the form. As a consequence, all submitted data for that form will be removed, requiring users who filled out the form to start from scratch.
Getting the data you need
Through forms you can efficiently collect relevant data for your event. To collect data in the best possible way, Accredion provides you with various question types.
When setting up your form, please consider the following recommendations to ensure you get the data you need in the format you want it:
- Choose the question type that fits best. Want to ask your user to choose from a long list of options, use a dropdown menu. Want to collect longer bits of text? Use a text field. Accredion currently offers 8 different question types and we are planning to add more in the future;
- Use the description field to clarify how you want to receive your data. If you ask for a phone number, you may want to use the description field to ask for an international format (“Please provide the phone number in international format, e.g. +31…”). When asking for multiple email addresses in a form field, you may want to ask to “separate multiple addresses with a comma”. The better question you ask, the better answers you will get!
If you want to split your form into different sections, you can do so by adding one or more sections. You can direct users to a specific section of your form based on the answer to a question via Options > Go to section based on answer.
We recommend you create all your form sections before configuring which answer should lead to which question.
Once you’ve set up your entire form using sections and section-based answers, we recommend you go through the entire form to check that:
- all mandatory fields have been marked accordingly by ticking the box This field is mandatory;
- every option refers to the right section;
- no questions or options are missing.
Viewing submitted data
You can see form submissions per event edition via the Forms link in the left hand menu. To see the submitted data of a form, choose the form and then the group you want to see the submission of.
You can also export all submitted data related to a particular form to an Excel file by clicking on the button Get submissions in .xlsx format. You will receive an email with a download link as soon as your export is ready.
Allowing users to make changes in submitted forms
Once a form has been submitted, the user can no longer change the form’s data, unless you allow them to. To allow a user to amend and re-submit their form, choose the relevant form and group, and click on the button Set form back to incomplete in the right top of the page. The user will be notified by email that the form has been set to incomplete.